No products in the cart.
Here at Noni Hair Co. we LOVE Extensions and Weave. We also know the importance of healthy hair. Caring for your natural hair is essential. Healthy natural hair can make using extensions and hair weave safer. When your hair is bound and tied for weeks at a time, it can get dry. To help with natural hair dryness, we found this DIY Onion Treatment.
The treatment has three ingredients: Onions, Coconut Oil and Honey. The concoction may sound a bit weird but the science behind it makes sense.
Onions contain sulfur, which is commonly known for scalp stimulation and hair growth. Onions are also quite acidic, making it a natural option to fight bacteria.
Coconut Oil is often used as a deep conditioner. Coconut Oil doesn’t just coat the hair strand, it penetrates the hair shaft. This makes it possible for the coconut oil to aid in strengthening the hair.
The last ingredient, Raw Honey, will cover the onion smell, add shine and help your hair retain moister.
HOW TO MAKE ONION CONDITIONER
- Peel one onion and chop it up real fine in a food processor or blender of some sort.
- Add 1/2 cup of Organic Cold Pressed Coconut Oil to the blender with the onion mix.
- Mix in 1/2 cup of honey.
- Blend all of the ingredients in the mixer until the onion is liquified (no bits or chunks)
- Section your hair and apply the mixture. For a deeper conditioning, after applying the mixture, cover your head with a plastic cap.
- Massage your scalp to promote blood flow and scalp stimulation
- Let the conditioner sit for about 20 minutes.
- Rinse out the conditioner with cool water and shampoo as normal.
- Make sure you get all of the conditioner out of your hair. REMEMBER you want the BENEFITS of the onion, NOT bits of ONION STUCK IN YOUR HAIR! 🙂
If you try the conditioner, let us know how it worked for you by commenting below.